Student Interview: Online Internship
1. What was your chosen sector for your Online Internship? And why did you choose this sector?
2. What did you expect from an Online Internship?
3. Has it helped you grow in your field?
This internship has truly helped me to improve my teaching skills and now I am convinced that I want to be a Spanish teacher.
4. What skills have you developed from this experience?
I had the opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from native teachers, and to receive advice from them in Spanish teaching. I gave Spanish classes to a group of students, helped them to learn the basics of the language and this helped me in my professional experience in the teaching sector. I learned how to manage students, how to answer their questions, how to help them with their difficulties and to encourage them in their learning.
5. How has it helped towards your career plans for the future?
Throughout this internship, I especially learned how to make a class successful for my students. A class that would be interactive, effective and not that difficult to enable them to learn easily and to not be discouraged about learning Spanish. I learned how to get better at explaining, to be patient and to pay close attention to their efforts.